Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In my house: update

Quite a while ago I wrote {this post} and showed how I had displayed some of the pictures in my home. Well it's time for an update! We've changed a few things around and it's time to show it off.

My cool collage of 8x8 pictures was replaced with these long shelves and canvases in my dining room. Shown are four 11x14s, one 11x16, and one 16x24. My husband and I made the shelves together, thanks to a great tutorial that we found {here}.


Here's a close-up of one of the canvases. I decided not to stretch the image around the canvas and instead added a digital border:

Throughout my house I now have several frames from The Organic Bloom that I just LOVE. {Congrats again to the lucky duck that won a free one in my giveaway!) I'm so excited to be able to sell these to my clients. You don't have to wait for a photo session or an image presentation appointment to buy one of these, either. Just email me at wishfulthinkingphotography@gmail.com if you would like my pricing sheet for frames.

This one is a 12x12 frame matted to an 8x8 picture, and it is on a wall right as you come in my front door:

This one is huge and beautiful and my absolute favorite. I get excited whenever I look at it. It is above my piano in my living room. The frame is 24x36 and I matted it for a 20x30 picture.

Up in my boys' room I now have these three 8x8 frames on their wall:

and in the little lady's room I have this 8x8 twin stack frame right above her crib:


Okay, not ALL the new pics are with Organic Bloom frames ... I have these prints up in my little girl's room too:

It is always so much fun hanging up new art on my walls. My mind's already buzzing on where I want to display pictures next ... I have plenty of space left upstairs in the hallway that's just waiting!

3 comments:

Unknown February 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

How fun! Hope we get to come see in real life this month!

Shar February 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Love how the ledges turned out. . . . might have to try our hand at those, too. Oh, who am I kidding--I will just have Rich do them while I watch! And I am loving the big, black frame--quite the statement!

JaNae February 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM  

So do you come give consulations on decorating in homes? You have a great touch!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP