Thursday, February 3, 2011

Behind the Scenes

Since we're on the subject of what's in my house ... at least we were with {yesterday's} post ... time to finally answer a question from my recent Q&A. Actually, I had two requests {one pretty please with sugar on top} for the same thing ~ some pull-back shots and behind the scenes of my indoor studio. Of course I laughed, because at this point I am just making do with what I have, which is an open living room, a big window, and some speedlights and an umbrella. But I have big long-term plans. In fact, I just ordered the real deal: a huge 4x6 softbox, a big super silver reflector and some studio lights. Scary but fun. Next job is to clear out the garage to make room for all of it!

But for NOW, here's what it looks like the day of a studio shoot inside my home. This particular one was for a newborn shoot, so you can see all the extra things I pulled out to make it comfortable for the baby:

Here's a straight on shot of my shooting area ~ a portable backdrop stand, backdrop, and flooring. These were taken after the shoot, so everything is a bit messed up and thrown around:

A couple of more angles ... the biggest downside of setting up in my living room is cleaning it all up afterwards!

All of my props are stored in the garage right now, in the area that will eventually be the dedicated studio space. I'm so excited to start getting this space ready! I guess I better get going on it, now that the lights are on the way ...

Tomorrow the beautiful newborn that caused me to pull out ALL this stuff will be on the blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous February 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

love these shots! thanks for sharing. may I ask where you got the fabric for the backdrop and that flooring? they are both gorgeous! lisa (i've forgotten my pw so i can't sign in..ergh!)

Shar February 3, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

Hello tall window = gorgeous light! And where did you get a CD of white noise? Does it help? Can't wait to see how they turned out!

way outnumbered February 4, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Love this post!!! It's amazing how seeing these behind the scenes shots can be so inspiring to those of us without a studio and get discouraged with "less than perfect" settings. Thanks for sharing!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP