Thursday, January 13, 2011

Office Makeover

I am so so so beyond excited to finally show off pictures of my office makeover. My goal was to make this a space where I would be proud to bring clients for image presentation appointments but also a space for homework, reading, and general home office-y type of stuff. Our previous office set-up? Um, not exactly meeting those needs ...

Yeah, it was a disaster. I would do my best to clean up the desk space before meeting with clients, but the space really wasn't one I was proud to show off. I also had a major book problem. This "before" picture may not make you think so ...

... but that's because it was taken right after we moved into this house. 50 or so books later and the shelves were overflowing and books stacked every which way.

And so my number one Christmas wish was to redo the entire space. I'm not a designer. I just went with paint and furniture and decoration that I loved. That said "ME". But I am so happy with the end product. And now every time I walk into this room I get a little thrill now. Seriously, my heart skips a beat. The evening after all the furniture was in, I just stood there, mesmerized, for several minutes ... so excited with the changes. Want to take a peek? Here you go:

Things I love about my new space:

* New paint on the walls

* New blinds. Quite grateful the old ones broke while coming down during the painting process ...

* Chocolate brown velvet curtains

* My blue parsons chairs and felt pillows

* Lots and lots of storage space

* Tall bookshelves. Plenty of room to store all my books with space to spare! Thank you, Ikea! Can also thank them for the cute orange media boxes and the wires that my photos are hanging from now. Love that place.

* A reminder every day to "dream until my dreams come true"

* My "Keep Calm and Snap On" sign. You can buy them at photojojo, but I made this one myself to match my color scheme.

* Cameras on display ~ one is my very first SLR from when I was about 15, two belonged to my grandpa, and one is a folding camera just bought off of eBay. I have a vintage Brownie on the way, but I just couldn't wait a second longer to take these pictures!

* Corner desk and long work table from Ballard Designs! LOVE them.

* B&W photo of the colosseum. Took it when I was 17. Still love it. A reminder that I have been dreamin' this dream for a long time ...

22 comments:

elizabeth January 13, 2011 at 7:15 AM  

its beautiful!!! I love it -
awesome office -
and yes Ballard design is great!!!!

Shar January 13, 2011 at 7:20 AM  

Love the outcome! And those parsons chairs are my fave. . . love the color. Now. . .what is the next project?

Rox January 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

Oh My Word... This is beautiful!! What a wonderful job you did. I just love love it! The parsons chairs are geat and I love the chocolate and teal...
You should be very proud!
Roxanne

Andrea January 13, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Wow! This is how I felt when I organized my toy room... now I'm thinking we need to do the office. Great job!

Holly January 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Oooo Ahhh!! Heidi the room looks amazing, like you just want to go hang out in there. I love the chocolate, blue, & white...very calm soothing colors, great place for a mommy time out! The space also looks more open despite the different angles on the camera. I never noticed the white shelves on the before but they really show off nicely on the after.

The Carter Family January 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Wow - how cool is that room now????? It almost looks BIGGER and it is definitely more functional and prettier :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the color scheme and the chairs are to die for! So happy for you Heidi, it's truly a wonderful office :)

Heidi January 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

Fabulous... love it! Love the two-tone paint, the keep calm print and the parsons chairs. Where did you get them? Oh, and of course the pillows!

valeria January 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

wow! you did a great job! lo studio e' bellissimo, mi piacciono molto i colori and the picture of the Colosseo is a touch of class! :)

The Bish Fam January 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

How fun! It looks amazing :) I love the colors and the floor to ceiling bookshelves. Everything is great~

JaNae January 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

That looks great! You might not be a designer but you still have a great eye for design.

The Album Cafe January 13, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

Ahhh Heidi, where did you get those ADORABLE felt pillows??? I'm in love!

Maggie January 13, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

So cool! It's beautiful and I feel so inspired. I need an office makeover too!! Have fun in your new space!

Maggie
www.maggiemalsonphotography.com

Meghan Rickard January 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

um um um I am in LOVE with your makeover!!! ADORE the blue chairs and the quote on the wall!

Shauna January 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Fabulous work! I just love it all!

Unknown January 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM  

Totally impressed.

Carrie January 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

I LOVE it, Tate! It turned out beautifully. So . . . how do you ever get yourself to LEAVE this amazing room?

Amy Henderson January 26, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Gorgeous! Very inspiring!

Prescilla Dingler Photography January 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

I love what you did with your space! Makes me want to get more organized.

Anonymous February 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

I love the hanging frames!! What a great display. Where did you get it??

Denise W April 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

I love the space! The color combo is a favorite of mine, too! If I ever have a real studio, I'll decorate it in those same colors! What I'm wondering is where you found those gorgeous curtains. I'm looking for brown velvet curtains for my living room.... and finding only limited (and expensive) options.

Heidi April 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

@Denise ... I wish I could email you separately, but I can't find your email address! So here's hopin' you jump back on to read my reply ;). The curtains are from Target!

Office Services November 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM  

This is surely an example of what quality workspaces should look like. The cameras added a lovely classy touch. Congratulations!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP