Monday, November 15, 2010

Mine on Monday: On Display

So today's "Mine on Monday" is a bit different, but it's still something fun I wanted to share! My boys LOVE to dress-up. Half of our toy room closet is dedicated to their collection of dress-up items, accessories, swords, etc. Most of what they have was purchased after Halloween throughout the years for about 90% off. On an almost daily basis I see Spiderman and Jedi and Harry Potter running around the house. With this love of theirs, it seemed perfect to put a picture of them all dressed-up in their play space! So I printed up three of their recent Halloween pictures and hung them up in the toy room:

The two vertical pictures are 11x16 and the one in the middle is 16x24. These are nontraditional sizes, but I didn't want to lose any of the original image. Sadly when you crop to a size such as 8x10 or 11x14 you lose 2 inches of your picture. I always hate cropping those 2 inches off :(. I wasn't worried about going nontraditional, however, because I mounted these on styrene, which is a thin, plastic mount. That makes them sturdy enough to hang up without a frame. Plus it gives them a fun, contemporary look. I just used picture hanging strips that I purchased at Target to hang them up. Then I had my friend Katie from i love letterz cut out the vinyl saying that I hung above the pictures. I just love how it all came together. It was such an easy project that made a big difference in the space!

4 comments:

katie and co. November 15, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

LOVE IT!

Katie November 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

It looks great, Heidi. Thanks for the shout out!!

JaNae November 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Sounds like your house is fun, fun, fun!!!! What a great tribute to you and your hubby.

Carrie November 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

That's adorable!!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP