Sunday, April 10, 2011

Standing in the Shadow

This week's I Heart Faces challenge is all about embracing the shadow. While I don't enter as many of these challenges as I used to, I still love thinking about the different themes and seeing all of the ways people capture them. When I started thinking about shadows I immediately thought of this photo I snapped while at After Dark last September (hands down the BEST learning experience I have ever had!). This was such a fun photo for me to take because it took me so completely out of my comfort zone. Bright sunny day. Middle of the day. Model in the middle of that bright sun. Definitely not the typical combination for a photo shoot!

One of the mentors is just out of camera on my right holding up an sb-900 speedlight. And I am crouched down on the pavement ... right in this guy's shadow which you can see spreading in front of him ... to capture the look without any lens flare. Oooo it was fun. Seeing it again reminds me how much I enjoy experimenting and trying new things. Definitely makes me want to step out of my comfort zone again!

Photobucket


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP