Friday, April 8, 2011

Before and After: Bridal Edition

A few weeks ago I had the fabulous opportunity to second-shoot a wedding with my friend Irene. What an eye-opener. Seriously, I have so much respect for wedding photographers. That is a lot of work and one very long day. Still it was fun to get my feet wet a bit and see just what it would be like to venture out of my nice comfort zone of portraits. I plan to share several of my favorites from this wedding soon, but this one screamed a "before and after" share. This photo had great potential, but there were definitely a few things that needed a little photoshop help ... starting with that unsightly telephone pole. Just a little lasso with my magic wand, a touch of content aware fill, and *poof* it was gone. Truly, it was that easy. Photoshop has come a long way since my first version (Photoshop 6 I think? About 9 versions ago?).

Photobucket

Then it was a simple matter of warming it up, brightening a bit, and adding in a few more clouds. I used some Florabella actions (Blush, Halo, and TeaTime from Luxe II) at a very low opacity and at the last minute threw in a little "lovely and ethereal" (a free action from The Pioneer Woman) to finish off the look I was going for. Whatcha think? Feedback welcome!

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Grounds Family April 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

Nicely done! The end result is a beautiful portrait.

The Grounds Family April 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

PS I just did a before after that I posted on FB...a bit more challenging (getting rid of people and ugly orange markers at the UW cherry trees). I was surprized that I did it because, I still consider myself a Photoshop beginner. Thank you "content aware".

The Carter Family April 8, 2011 at 8:14 AM  

Beautiful! Not overdone, just perfect :) And love how you added in the clouds...gave it a nice finishing touch!

tami April 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM  

gorgeous! where do you get your clouds? They look so natural.

Natalie April 8, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

LOVE this. seriously. someday i will be able to do this too, however with my photoshop cs3 equipment...now is not that time! lol. great edit though, really. beautiful. :)

The West Family April 10, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

What a fabulous job! I actually said "Wow" when I saw the second one. With a little touching up the firt was a beautiful portrait but the second is breathtaking. Well Done!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP