Thursday, December 2, 2010

Adoption Works. Allen Family.

I love sitting down with my clients and helping them decide which pictures to print up and hang on their walls. Especially because it is always fascinating to view my images through someone else's eyes. I love it when clients point out their favorites and tell me why they like certain photos. Almost always it is because of an expression or moment in time that I managed to capture that shows off what's REAL. A real smile. True personality shining through. That silly face that someone pulls all the time. Sometimes the moments are funny ~ like a candid when everyone's being a little crazy. When I sat down with Tieryn, the mom of this incredible family, I was really touched by her first comment when she saw these images: "That right there is proof that adoption works."


When I was snapping the image on the right, I called out, "just choose someone to look at!" Every single person in the family spontaneously looked at two-year-old Tyler. There is no question that he is absolutely loved and adored by that family. And he is proof that miracles can happen through adoption.

In November 2006, the Allens' third child Zachary passed away at 9 months old from a severe birth defect. A rare complication during that pregnancy made it so that they couldn't have any more children. I'm certain those were some of the darkest days that family has gone through. To not only lose a child but to be told you couldn't have any more. But they knew their family wasn't complete. And so they began the process of trying to adopt. And were chosen to become Tyler's parents. They even had the amazing blessing of being in the hospital when Tyler was born. They all poured out their hearts in love for him at that time and have continued to do so. He is truly the sweetest boy and was so much fun to photograph along with his family. He was trying so hard to be good and smile.


The one on the left was a "test" shot. I was checking to see if my lights were all working correctly. Turned out to be one of the sweetest pictures!


Okay, time to show off some of the other kids too! Like this gorgeous girl...

... and this handsome kiddo.

I love that we shot these images inside their own home ~ a place that means something to this family.

We did venture outside for a few pictures, though. I took these during the snow storm that hit my home town of Lake Stevens, Washington. We weren't outside for long before everyone started to get pink noses, but I love these images:

And of course I had to save my very favorite for last ...

I had a wonderful time with this family. They truly are amazing. And the most amazing thing is that they are anxious to adopt again. They still have love that needs to be shared with more children. Please visit their adoption profile {HERE} and share it with anyone that might be interested! Thank you!

1 comments:

JaNae December 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Not only does adoption work but Tyler looks like dad! Another miracle of the Lord guiding children to their families. No matter the way, they get where they are supposed to be.


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP