Monday, November 22, 2010

Mine on Monday: Paper.

Today's "Mine on Monday" post is doubling up with this week's I Heart Faces paper challenge. It may just be a snapshot, but it captures time, which is something I have really been trying to do lately with my own family. I have found that I spend so much energy trying to get the *perfect* lighting, outfit, pose, etc, that often I am missing the everyday moments that define my life. So this week's picture is just that ~ a snapshot of what I see every day:

My son has been absolutely OBSESSED with making these paper thingies. Cootie Catchers, Magic Fortune ... whatever they are called. All I know is that no loose piece of paper in the house is safe. At least it's good for my self-esteem, because I now hear "You're Awesome!" and "You Rock!" several times a day :).


6 comments:

Arden Prucha November 22, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Love the angle, I used to love those too!

Unknown November 22, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Great picture! I love the angle and composition and depth of field here! Awesome!

Kristin November 22, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

nice composition. really great!

Danielle November 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

Ha! My boys love making these too, but sometimes they come up with some other great ones, such as you have a bug on your head or you need to go to the bathroom...oh boys.

Mica November 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I LOVE this! :) Great job, and capture!

amanda thiessen November 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

talk about flash back! i used to make these all the time like 15+ years ago! haha great photo!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP