Friday, August 13, 2010

Danny + Andrea

Beginning of July. Oregon Coast, enjoying some time family reunion-ing. I was taking pictures of sand and waves and footprints and other randomness when I hear the request, "would you mind taking a picture of us?" Of course I can't turn down family ... well I could, but I don't ... but the "golden hour" had certainly passed. The sun was setting and in a hurry. I flipped on the on-camera flash and grabbed a quick snapshot:

But then the photographer in me took over. "Want to have some FUN now?" Because I certainly couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a few of my absolutely, completely, most-favorite-ever type of shots. Yep, you guessed it.

Silhouettes.

If I ever got to the point in my photography career where I could completely focus on one type of photography, it would most definitely be silhouettes.

We started out with silly ...

and sweet ...

and then came ...

Simply Amazing.


And yes, I love this shot so incredibly much that of course I had to create a brand new blog header just to include it. It was time anyway :).

8 comments:

Andrea August 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

so so cool!

emma d. August 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

awesome pictures!

JaNae August 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

W.O.W.! Somehow I seem to say that often with your pictures...maybe it's because you are so good at what you do.

The Carter Family August 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Silhouette shots are beautiful!!! I especially love the one of him lifting her in the air - so cool!

the Wilcox Family August 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

That IS cool. I do love the last one. . .good reason to do a re-do of the header!

Anonymous August 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THEM!

Jeanette Roylance August 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

So Cool!

Melissa August 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

stunning, don't suppose you'd share camera settings?


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP