Friday, May 21, 2010

The Cakewalk Shop

I got to something a little different ~ and very fun ~ when I was asked to take some pictures of cakes by the owner of The Cakewalk Shop, who specializes in wedding and special occasion cakes and cupcakes. She wanted some pictures of her different products to show on her website and to use in a brochure for the upcoming Snohomish Wedding Showcase. I had a great time ... and was quite amazed that I left a photoshoot feeling calm and collected, without having shed multiple layers from all the exercise that I usually go through doing my song and dance to keep children (and parents) looking my way. It was just a relaxing, fun afternoon! Here are a few of my favorite shots of the cakes:



One of the things that totally amazed me when I looked at the cakes is that all of the detail work ~ the flowers, the damask, everything ~ is sugar. I was blown away by how realistic it all looked -- even when I was up close and personal! Truly, they were amazing.






I'm getting very excited for the birthday cake she's going to make for my son next month!

7 comments:

patty May 21, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

no doubt! they are gorgeous! :)

Andrea May 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Great cakes and great pictures. I love all the different settings/backgrounds.

Sereina May 21, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Such beautiful cakes! I don't know if I could ever eat it...

You captured them very well!

Alycia May 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

How fun! I love the macro shots. :)

the Wilcox Family May 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Mmmmmm. . . . where were they when I got married? So beautiful! The close ups are great.

emma d. May 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

those are some gorgeous cakes!

Sarah Pugmire May 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Wow! Those are some amazing cakes! And some very beautiful pictures:)


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP