Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Card Pictures

Taking the picture for our Christmas Card was a fun adventure. One Sunday afternoon we took a walk up to a nearby park, set the camera up on a tripod, and set it to continuous shooting mode. I programmed it to take 50 pictures at 3 second increments, and we got ourselves all arranged. To help the kids remember to look at the camera, I took a funny stuffed monkey and stuck him on top of the camera. I think my 5-year-old thought the monkey really took the pictures :). Of all 50 pictures, there was only ONE where we were all looking at the camera at the same time. Most of the pictures turned out a little bit like ...

this ...
or this ...

or this ... I think this was when I went to check on the camera, wondering how many pictures were left. 50 was, just maybe, a few too many. We were all getting a little bit tired at the end!

Ta dah! We all looked at the same moment. Hooray.

And yes, I photoshopped my husband's cast to look like a shoe ... covered in bark ...

And here it is turned into our Christmas Card:

I recently got hooked up to print with White House Custom Colour (WHCC) and I could not be more happy ... as seen by the rather large amount of money I have spent with them lately printing everything from 16 8x8 mounted pics to hang in my dining room ... to a 24x24 gallery wrapped canvas for my living room ... to numerous 8x10s and 5x7s ... to this Christmas Card. I printed the card on a linen paper that is just divine. When they came in the mail I was quite giddy. And the best part of WHCC? Besides the super fast 2-day shipping? They always put a tootsie pop in every box :).

2 comments:

Jolynn December 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

What a cute card! It is always difficult for we as photographers to have photos of our own families!! Haha.

Kristen December 22, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

Great shot! Really enjoy reading your blog, Merry Christmas from down under :-)


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP