Monday, May 9, 2011

Sick Day.

Called in sick last week. Literally lay on the couch all. day. long. Headache. Throwing up. All sorts of yuckiness. I was so sick I couldn't even read ... which for someone that loves to read as much as I do, that's pretty awful. There were two bright spots in the rather dismal day. One came from my 4-year-old, who was so patient with my sickly state, as he had to entertain himself and his sister all day long. At one point he went outside in the backyard to play while I feebly made an attempt to prop myself up enough to look outside the window ... and saw my sweet son picking me all the dandelions he could find in the yard. "Here Mommy," he said, bringing them inside. "These are to feel you better."

Photobucket
Photobucket

The other bright spot? A front porch delivery of pepto bismol and other sorts of medicinal goods ... and a treat for later ... from my friend. She wouldn't let me open the door to collect them until she was a safe distance from the house ~ definitely didn't want these germs spreading (!), but she did a good job of cheering me up via phone. I'm so grateful to have people in my life that watch out for me.

1 comments:

Amanda Walsh May 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Gotta love the kiddos, huh?


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP