Monday, April 4, 2011

Unbelievable.

How fast time flies. Seriously. How can this little lady already be 2?! We invited her best little girl friend and her cousin over to enjoy dinner with us last week to celebrate.


I pulled out all of my favorite pictures of the little lady from the past two years and put them on display in the dining room as decoration ~ along with a festive banner and a party hat that I actually MADE. I do not consider myself the crafty type, so I was quite proud of myself. Of course she would have nothing to do with the hat ... so I ended up wearing it myself :).

I decided on a "flower" theme, mostly so I could just use fresh flowers for display ... but then I decided to also make some flower pens to give to our girl guests and little bags of gummy worms to give away to my boys ... and then my sister gave me the brilliant idea to also make flower and gumdrop cookies ~ truly the easiest things ever and I thought they turned out so cute. I absolutely LOVED the cake, made by my friend Tamara from The Cakewalk Shop. And I seriously thought it was amazing that the cake almost perfectly matched the invitation, which Tamara had never even seen. I just told her "flower theme" and she went with it! (And speaking of the invitation, I made it using {this} kit from House of 3).

It was the perfect celebration for our little girl ~ albeit a bit wild with my boys running crazy through the house ~ sure love this little one, though!

1 comments:

Unknown April 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

As always - amazing. I can't believe she is 2. I wish I lived by you and you could teach me everything you know. That would be cool. Plus then I would live in Washington.


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP