Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Three Generations

Grandfather. Father. Son. Three generations of great men. Hank (aka "Grandpa") emailed me a month ago with some big plans. His son and grandson were coming into town and he had QUITE the weekend planned: whale watching, a visit to the space needle, a helicopter tour ... WOW, I kind of wanted to be adopted for the weekend! He also wanted to schedule a photo shoot. He said it had been far too long since he had pictures taken with his family and it was time. The shoot started out *quite* formal:



But we slowly got more and more relaxed ...

... had a quick clothing change ...



... and started to get pretty real.


Most of the photos were shot in my studio that is still s l o w l y taking shape. I promise I will share pictures when it is all complete! Hank, Jesse, and Jacob were very patient with the haphazardness of the space. Thank you! I'm so grateful for the indoor shooting area, however, because it was pouring BUCKETS outside the entire time. We finally got brave and ventured down to Lake Stevens for some "iconic Northwest photos". Well you can't get more iconic than RAIN! Actually we found some shelter and mostly just focused on shots with our beautiful lake in the background ...



... and that gorgeous sky? Well that is what I wanted it to look like, so I um ... helped it out. I AM in the business of creating ART ~ who says it always has to be reality? Ha ha ha.

3 comments:

The Carter Family April 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM  

These are some great pictures!!! I especially love the lighter moments in the middle....the two black and whites (of father and son and of all 3 generations) are AMAZING!

Andrea April 20, 2011 at 6:25 AM  

Great photo shoot - I love the outdoors ones!

Unknown April 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

I LOVE the black and whites also! Great pictures, the outdoor background looks amazing even if it was raining!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP