Thursday, October 7, 2010

Playin' Around

I invited my friend Alycia over a few weeks ago to help me play with some of the off camera flash techniques I learned at After Dark. It was fun to see what I could do with just a couple of flashes and an umbrella.

We started with a few pictures in my garage, which {cross my fingers} might become an actual studio in the future ...

And then went in the front yard to get some shots with the {don't blink or they might leave} blue skies. Yes, we have hit the gray, rainy season here in Seattle. But that particular day was so beautiful. It was so fun to get BOTH sky and subject exposed in one shot thanks to the magic of using some good ol' flash. We had a lot of fun and I'm quite certain I must have entertained my neighbors, if any of them had looked outside and seen me lying down in my driveway. But the shots were worth it!

This picture makes me laugh, as it looks like Alycia is posing for Desperate Housewives or something ...

I told Alycia to really "work the camera". Like I said, we were having fun!

I also took some pictures of my two youngest. I'll share some more of those in the near future, but you can see one very silly shot in {this} post from that afternoon. AND Alycia got some of me that I am dying to see ... hint, hint :). Hopefully I can share some of those if I'm brave enough when she gets them to me!

1 comments:

The Carter Family October 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Wow Wow Wow!!! It's amazing how crisp and colorful and bright (I'm sure there are proper photography words for all of those LOL) the outdoor pictures are! Love how you have the sky just as popping as the subject (who was, indeed, working that camera haha).


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP