Monday, April 5, 2010

P is for Princess Party

Last week I threw a party for the Little Lady who just turned ONE. I'm convinced this has been the fastest year of my life. I'm quite certain she was just barely born! I thought it would be fun to share a few of the pictures and details from the party.

The theme was "P is for Princess":

We kept the party small with only a handful of guests, mainly just our little girl's bff Bella, who brought along her family -- as she's just 9 months old herself. The color scheme was pink, pink, and more pink. Can you tell I'm going overboard with this "I finally have a little girl to spoil" stage? I made some tissue-paper pom poms that I hung from the ceiling and found the cutest square pink plates and pink and white polka-dot napkins at Target. The cake and cookies were made by a friend of mine. She also made a mini cake for the birthday girl to eat all by herself which was a big hit. Unfortunately, she believed in the "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" theory and really only perked up at cake time.

For dinner we had pink pasta (penne with a tomato/creme sauce), spinach salad with pink lady apples and craisins, pink lemonade, strawberries, french bread, and even pink applesauce for the kids. We also had lots of pink candies, including a vase full of pink whoppers which disappeared in record-time.

For activities we kept it pretty simple: the kids decorated their own paper crowns and played in a pop-up tent we have that looks just like a castle. We also let them watch the "Swan Princess" while the birthday girl took a short nap (hoping it might cheer her up a bit ~ nope, she was just more mad when we woke her up. I think she wanted to be down for the night!). Anyway, I'm so glad we were able to honor the little princess in our house. Tomorrow I'll post some of the pictures of the birthday girl I managed to snap in-between the grouchy moments!

Here's a few shots my friend managed to snap when I handed over my camera. I try to jump in front of the camera at least once each big event in our lives!

Thanks to some of my favorite party blogs for giving me inspiration: Birthday Girl, Blonde Designs, One Charming Party, and Party Perfect

14 comments:

Sereina April 5, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

I love all the decorations! And Happy Birthday to your little princess!

The Bish Fam April 5, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Umm...Okay, you outdid yourself with that one. The party is absolutely adorable! Look at all that PINK :)

The Carter Family April 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

It looks BEAUTIFUL! And I love that picture of you hugging Hannah close...."Kodak moment" for sure (except for you probably a Nikon? LOL).

Katie J April 5, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

So CUTE! On my first Birthday I burnt my finger. I was very fascinated by the candle that after I burnt myself the first time went and touched it again and got burnt even more because I touched the wax. 1st Birthday Memories.(I only now this because its caught on Home Video.)

Andrea April 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Very cute... we helped Emma celebrate a princess party while back there this year too :)

Heidi April 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

How darling!! Can't believe you pulled all that together with being gone that day! I love all the decorations and the cake! Who made it, it turned out so cute! Hannah sure looks happy in the the pictures with you, and so cute in her dress!!

the Wilcox Family April 5, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

So cute! Always the perfect party planner, as usual! Hannah looks adorable--and your crown doesn't look so bad, either :). Love the invitation. I need another girl.

tami April 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

watch out Martha Stewart! so so cute. Happy Birthday, little lady! Can't BELIEVE how fast this year has gone by!

Katherine Schultz April 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Oh my Gosh, the decorations are BEAUTIFUL. And so is your gorgeous daughter and yourself :)

That party looked simply divine!

Love your work.

K xx (www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com)

Unknown April 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

WoW! Your parties always look amazing but this one is tops. I love all the pink. And you look great too. Can you tell me where I can learn to create those photo collages? Do you know a good tutorial?

Anonymous April 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

You have GOT to show me how to make those little pom poms that I can put up in my room! They're so cute! (Celine White)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife May 23, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

I love this...such a cute party for an adorable little girl!!!

I am your newest follower!

TheSuiteLife June 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

LOVE it all! We just did our daughter's first birthday in April. So much fun! Can I ask where you got that adorable doll from?

Anonymous September 17, 2012 at 8:14 AM  

LOOOVE IT!!!
Even if your princess must be already 3 years old and this blog entry is from 2010, I would like to ask you, where you've got these adorable printables from??
My little baby girl is turning 1 on sunday, so maybe there's still time to prepare such a sweet princess party as well!?! Greetings from EUROPE!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP