Thursday, April 8, 2010

Location Scout

I'm constantly on the lookout for interesting places to take pictures. I almost can't help myself. In fact, just yesterday, I had to stop mid-conversation to point out an interesting bright blue barn door to my friend with a little "aaahhh, that would be great in a picture" before going back to "now, what were you saying?". Thankfully she wasn't annoyed. I really was paying attention :). Although, now that I think back ... I guess I am a bit irked, because I never did get a picture in front of that door! And unfortunately, it's a good 45-minutes away.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I left the kids with my husband, jumped in my car, and went out on a location scout to find the perfect spot for that super cute family I showed off on the blog yesterday. And stumbled across this gem of a place:

A beautiful train station restored by the sweetest couple, who have made it into their home. They must love walking outside their front door everyday. They were so kind to put their dinner on hold, come out and talk to me, give me a mini tour, and then let me wander all over their property snapping pictures. And then gave me permission to return for my photo shoot. I was so giddy about my find, I raced home to call my clients and let them know I had found "their" location. Seriously ~ I had an adrenalin rush for hours. Funny how something so simple as finding a beautiful place to take pictures can make me so crazy-excited!

5 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils April 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

how amazing is that place!!! Im the same way..always always searching and thinking about places to shoot! Great find and im sure your clients will be thrilled! Have fun shooting. Cant wait to see some photos!!!

Sereina April 8, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Fantastic location! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Andrea April 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

My type of photo location! I wish I could do it there... very rustic and outdoorsy like I like :)

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

OH boy! I just had to laugh as I read your post! I am EXACTLY the same way! Always searching, always imagining a photo shoot done here or there! Hilarious!! And you did find quite a gem, that's for sure! Can't wait to see more! All the best!

Katherine Schultz April 9, 2010 at 3:43 AM  

Oh my goodness, isn't that just divine!? Can't wait to see your shots from there!

Lovely :)

I took some photos at a great lookout today, the pictures are on my blog, you should check it out...

K xx (www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com)


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP